Kelley House Museum

The Kelley House is one of the many lovely old homes on the Mendocino Coast which has been converted into a house museum. It sits in the heart of Mendocino Village along main street, with an ocean-view that never disappoints.

The Kelley House Museum features a variety of rotating exhibits, along with many displays that stay up year-round. One of their more permanent displays is an exhibit on the wreck of the Frolic, complete with artifacts found at Frolic Cove in Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park.

The Kelley House was originally the home of William Kelly (the ā€œeā€ was added in the mid 1900s) and his wife and children. William was one of the early settlers of the Mendocino Coast, arriving in July of 1852. He married his wife Eliza three years later, and they had four children that grew up inside the Kelley House.

There is no official cost to enter and tour the Kelley House Museum, but there is a donation jar at the front door, so that you can help support this wonderful non-profit!

In addition to being a wonderful museum, The Kelley House is also the only museum-quality storage and research facility that is open to visitors on the Mendocino California Coast. Check their website for more information about walking tours, hours of operation and more!

Visit the Kelley House Museum

Kelley House Museum
45007 Albion Street
Mendocino, CA 95460
(707) 937-5791