Trinidad Head Lighthouse
First lit: December 1, 1871
On December 1, 1871, the Trinidad Head Lighthouse was lit for the first time. The original tower still stands at its original location, although the Fresnel lens was retired in 1947.
A replica of the tower was constructed in the town of Trinidad to pay homage to the lighthouse, and that’s where the Fresnel Lens is now housed. The original building is still an active aid to navigation, with a modern beacon on the railing.